Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Thursday, August 13, 2009


Bao on his deck chair, poolside in Mexico.

And make no mistake about it, this is HIS chair. This is where he sits when we come to the pool. Here, and not anywhere else.

When everyone was being stupid about swine flu (of which there have been no cases in the Mexican state of Sonora ) we often had the place to ourselves during the week. And because the palm trees cast their shadows across these chairs during the morning hours -- and because I had my choice of every deck chair here -- this is where I got in the habit of sitting.

It's different, now. There are more people here. If we don't get down to the pool early, someone else has often claimed "our" spot. I accept this. Bao doesn't.

Bao wants to sit here. This is his chair. This is where he sits when he comes the pool. End of discussion. And if someone else happens to be sitting here -- well, he just jumps up and joins them. After I've explained the situation (in my slowly improving Spanish) most people just laugh and put up with him. But sometimes, I have to pick him up and carry him away. When that happens, he lies down and stares balefully at the interloper.

So we're heading down to the pool, now -- before someone grabs Bao's chair.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

If I were there I would grab Bao's chair so he would have to sit in my lap. To hold such a cutie would be my idea of heaven.

3:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home