Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Are we having fun yet?

Bao is exhausted, and I'm not far behind him. We drove to Prescott to
be on AM Arizona and did a book signing at a Barnes & Noble and then
drove back (nearly four hours each way) in time to do three radio
interviews.
I keep telling Bao it's harder on me than it is on him -- I'm the one
doing all the talking and driving. But Bao feels he has to stay awake
and pay attention, and as far as he's concerned, staying awake all day
is hard work!
I guess this is about as close as I'll ever get to being a celebrity,
and that's just as well. I like my quiet time. I can't imagine what it
would be like to live like this all the time, but I don't think either
of us would like it very much. We're both finding that a little bit of
limelight goes a long, long way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home