Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Monday, June 01, 2009

Signing at Bank Square Books

This is such fun! I love sitting in book stores and chatting with
people who love books -- and dogs -- as much as I do.
Bao was definitely part of the magic. People saw him, stopped and
cooed. Eventually, they noticed me. But it was Bao who broke the ice.
Our first stop was Elm Street Bookstore in New Canaan, CT. I'd never
done a book signing in the United States and I didn't know what to
expect. Suppose nobody talked to me?Suppose nobody bought a book?
But it was great. People bought books. Lots of books.
And yesterday at Bank Square Books in Mystic was even better. More
people bought more books.
Okay, so I'm not Stephen King. But it's nice to think that as I peck
this out letter by letter on my Iphone, somebody -- somewhere is
reading Sea Changes.
We have a free day, today. The sun is shining, the grass is green and
Bao and I are going for a walk.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

How wonderful that you are selling books and that Bao is such a good dog. I am looking forward to seeing him in person (dogson?) some day.

Congratulations on what appears to be a very successful tour.

1:19 PM

 
Blogger Betty said...

You both look like you're having fun. Glad your book tour is so successful.

1:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home