Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Saturday, May 23, 2009


We're heading for New York on Monday, and I've already started packing.

Traveling with a small dog is like traveling with a small child. I was hoping to get by with my small suitcase, but once I'd packed six servings of Cesar Gourmet Dog Dinner (handy when I can't find a MacDonalds) kibble for Bao's midnight snack, Alpo Dog Treats, Charlie Bears, Bao's brush, his little lunchbox, his pills, his book of bedtime stories and two of his favorite toys, there was no room left for my stuff. So we're taking the big suitcase.

We're going to the IBPM Publishing University and Book Expo in New York City, and then I'm renting a car and driving around Connecticut for ten days doing talks and book signings. We've ended up with three, consecutive free days (upstate New York didn't want us) so we'll drive up to Boston to check out the Isabelle Stewart Gardiner Museum and the Gentlemen of Suzhou exhibition at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. Then it's back to New Paltz and Modena for two more readings, and then home. That's the plan, anyway. We'll be gone for three weeks.

Sea Changes is getting wonderful reviews. I am so relieved! And grateful. If you haven't already checked out http://www.bettysnewtrick.blogspot.com/ do so immediately. Betty, thank you so much! Is there any way to put this fabulous review on Amazon?

4 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

Gail, I'll see what I can do. It shouldn't be too hard to review it on Amazon.

9:36 PM

 
Blogger Billy Howliday said...

Well you seem to be pretty busy with your book. And that made me curious about it, so last week I ordered it from amazon.uk ! Hope it arrives soon ! And good luck in NY !
Chris, Miss Poppy and Lily

11:10 PM

 
Blogger Darlene said...

Have a wonderful trip, Gail, and sell lots of books.

9:34 AM

 
Blogger Mari Meehan said...

My copy is due to arrive on the 28th. I'll speed read and get a review on Amazon for you. I'll be doing the same for John.

7:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home