Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Friday, April 10, 2009


Bao is fine. The surgery went well. He's here at home with me, sleeping at my feet.

I remained there with him the whole time. (I couldn't just drop him off at 8 am like a bag of dirty laundry and then wait for them to call and tell me to come and get him!) That actually worked well, because they let him stay with me during almost the whole pre-op period, and I think that calmed and reassured him. It certainly calmed and reassured me!

Also, they let him come home a couple of hours earlier than usual. The vet said she knew I'd watch him. I'm definitely watching him. I'm watching every little breath he takes. I'll probably be up all night, checking to see that he's still breathing, the way I did when he was a tiny puppy.

Thank you -- all of you -- for your thoughts, messages and emails. They helped both of us, enormously.

Now, I'm going to pour myself a Scotch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's, me is sure glad Bao is ok...

b safe,
~rocky~

4:05 PM

 
Blogger Billy Howliday said...

It's a bit over 5 in the morning here, but the first thing we had to do was to check how Bao's doing !! It's really good to read he (and you of course) are doing fine !! Give him a big hug from us !!

Chris, Miss Poppy and Lily

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Betty said...

I'm glad Bao is doing fine. Hope you will be soon, too.

9:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home