Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Friday, February 06, 2009


We're in Mexico for a few days.

Here's Bao, watching me swim.

There are a few big dogs visiting and one of them apparently peed high up on one of the walls, leaving a trace above Bao's head. This caused Bao no end of consternation, as the first thing he does when we arrive is check out the area and pee wherever any other dog has recently peed, thus establishing his absolute sovereignty.

Confronted with the offending wall, Bao promptly lifted his little leg and had a shot, which fell far short. He stood there staring at his little stain, baffled and clearly miffed. He turned around and looked at me, but I just shrugged, as there wasn't much -- short of peeing on the wall myself, which I wasn't about to do -- I could offer.

So Bao tried again. He kind of hunkered down and angled himself, and let fly.

Better, but not nearly high enough.

One more attempt -- and he might have made it except that by now, his little bladder was just about empty.

Poor Bao! I gave him a hot dog for lunch. It's no fun, losing a pissing match.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Bao, heehee me wooda loved to c a video of that..

b safe,
~rocky~

3:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home