Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Wednesday, October 31, 2007


I shouldn't be here. I have so much work to do. I have to scan dozens of images for the class I'm teaching. Why not bring the scanner with us to Mexico? suggested Bao. What a good idea!

It is just so beautiful. The water's warm, and the sunsets are spectacular. The sunrises are pretty gorgeous, too.

It's more than a place. It's a culture, an ambience, a life-style. Bad things happen, but somehow, they don't seem quite so bad. For example, the huge picture window in my condo cracked. Nobody knows why, or how. Maybe a bird flew into it. A very big bird.
But it had to be replaced. Pronto. In Arizona, this would have involved multiple telephone calls, appointments, hassle. Here, a guy came and measured the window and a couple of hours later, three more guys brought a new sheet of glass up in the elevator (how they managed to fit it in the elevator is beyond me) and installed it.

The sun is sinking, so it's time to tune in to another sunset.

And I ought to get started with the scanning.

Manana.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Bao!!!u lookies sooo peaceful walkin on da beach wiff ur mama...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

9:05 AM

 
Blogger Mari Meehan said...

Definitely wait until the sun sets! Scanning can't compare!

4:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home