Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Monday, October 22, 2007


It's that time of year again, start of the theatre season.

Bao has become quite the buff. I'm not sure he enjoys the plays, but he certainly enjoys all the attention he gets at Intermission. I have a Season Ticket at both the University of Arizona and the Arizona Theatre Company, so we always have the same seat -- and frequently, the same neighbors. A couple of people even bring him treats!

We saw two plays over the weekend -- "Bus Stop" and "Q Street".

We go to matinees, because I don't like driving at night. Tucson is particularly difficult in this respect, because there are hardly any street-lights. I thought it was because the city was cheap, or broke, but someone explained that it's because of the Mt Kitt Observatory. All the scientists want to be able to see the stars, so -- no streetlights.

Q Street was wonderful. I've never seen anything quite like it. When they said it was puppets I thought, Uh oh! A kids' show. Well, it's puppets but it's definitely not for kids. Really quite amazing. If its playing anywhere near you, go see it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Bao!!!! did u likies the play!!!

b safe,
;)lacylulu

9:19 PM

 
Blogger COL. Sam ASTA-fari Joe H. Pinkerton Peabody, Esq said...

I love to attend plays, although I don't have the opprotunity too much. And, then, only if they are outside. Nice to meet you!

5:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home