Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Thursday, October 01, 2009


Funny story.
As you know, Bao's constipation has been an issue. (I almost cancelled the whole Denver thing) Happily, our veternarian solved the problem. The prescription was a tablespoonful of pureed pumpkin every day. Of course, getting Bao to accept the pumpkin was something of a challenge. I ended up buying packets of thin-shaved turkey slices, and wrapping the pumpkin in them. Little packets of yummy. Don't laugh. It works.
But I've certainly been paying attention to what does -- or doesn't -- come out. And on our last day in Denver, when nothing came out, I was concerned. What should I do? Metamucil? Milk of Magnesia?
However, the next morning at our Durango motel, all systems turned out to be go, and I was happy, and relieved.
"Good boy!" I said, as if he'd just laid golden eggs. "What a good boy! Oh! and here's another little poo! What a nice little poo! Bao is such a good boy!"
It was at this point that I realized half a dozen people were standing there staring bemusedly at us. Staring at me, actually. I almost started to explain about the constipation, but then I thought, I'm just not going there.
So I smiled, and scooped the poop, and kept walking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Funny that people looked at your strangely. I guess not too many people are used to seeing someone praise a dog for pooping.

I am trying to catch up on blogs and read that you are now back in Tucson. Welcome home.

3:56 PM

 
Blogger st said...

I just discovered your blog, and I love it! Looking forward to the adventures of you and the Chairman!

5:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home