Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Friday, September 04, 2009


We get beautiful sunsets here in Mexico at this time of year. Here's one of them.

Bao has an ulcerated cornea. Actually, I think it started while we were still in Tucson. I remember him shaking his head, and pawing at the left side of his face, although I didn't think anything of it at the time.

We came to Mexico last Saturday and the next morning, he was distressed. He lay on the couch, whimpering and pawing at his face. And when he stood up his head wobbled and his eye drooped. I got really scared. I thought he was having a stroke. Why do these things always happen on a Sunday? I was getting ready to drive back to Tucson, but then he seemed to improve.

On Monday morning, things were worse again. My friend Bonnie (who raises Bichons) came over and examined Bao and said it wasn't his ear, it was his eye. She recommended a local (Mexican) veternarian, and drove us there for a consultation. Eye drops were prescribed, two drops every six hours. Day and night. I am exhausted, but Bao is much happier and his eye looks better, too.

We have another veternary appointment tomorrow morning. Never a dull moment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

Beautiful sunset. I'm glad Bao's eye is better.

9:04 PM

 
Blogger Darlene said...

Poo Bao. If only they could talk and tell us what's wrong. I hope the drops clear up the problem.

Have a safe journey back to Tucson.

9:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home