Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Wednesday, September 09, 2009


Visited http://www.dogwalkmusings.blogspot.com/ to see what our friend Mari was up to, and look at the great photo of Bao I found!

Ah, those were the days.

Meanwhile, Sea Changes has been nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. Isn't that exciting? This is probably as close as I'll ever get to being famous. Bao was utterly unimpressed until I explained to him that if Sea Changes makes the final cut, we'll get to go someplace really nice for lunch. That got his attention. Bao loves doing lunch.

We've been doing the eye-drop routine every six hours, and Bao's left eye seems to be improving. At least that's what Dr. Rincon said. Well, I think that's what he said. I'm sort of doing this in Spanglish. We have to go back for another check up, tomorrow.

I'm exhausted. Getting up in the middle of the night to squirt eye-drops into Bao's eye is not all that difficult, but getting back to sleep afterwards is almost impossible. So I've been taking afternoon naps.

Afternoon naps. My mother used to take afternoon naps. Does this mean I'm getting old?

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

I don't think naps are a sign of old age, but they do go with the territory at times.

I'm glad Bao's eye is improving; at least I think so since the translation may have more to do with body language than with the spoken word.

Most important; Congratulations for the Pulitzer recommendation. That is truly exciting news.

1:18 PM

 
Blogger Mari Meehan said...

A Pulitzer? Wow! And to think I knew you when! Congratulations!

3:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home