Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Friday, September 17, 2010


Bao has just had his bi-monthly check up, and the news is as good as it could be -- his heart murmur has gone from a 4 (on a scale of 1-6) to a 3. Of course, that doesn't mean that his mitral valve is getting better ... altough, wouldn't that be wonderful?!?
Dr. Mike explained to me that heart murmurs can vary from day to day. But the good news is that it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. The whole point of the medication is to slow things down, and -- fingers crossed! -- that's what seems to be happening.
Bao has been snoring and snorting a lot when he sleeps, and that was worrying me. But people do the same thing, as they get older. I had a friend in Australia whose husband snored so loudly they had separate bedrooms at opposite ends of the house. (I actually didn't believe this until I stayed with them one night. I'll never forget it. You wouldn't think a human being could make so much noice, and sleep through it!)
When I remember how sick Bao was in July, I am just so grateful that he is still here with me, sleeping at my feet. Every day is a blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home