Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Book Street at the Scottsdale Art Festival

Meeting people, selling books, enjoying the buzz and the sunshine.
To our left, someone selling books about her rescued dogs and a basket
full of homemade dog treats. So Bao is happy.
We're sharing a table with two psychologists who have written a self-
help book -- which, of course, is what one does nowadays, if one is a
psychologist. Across the way, the author of a diet book.
Most of the people who come to art festivals are looking for art,
rather than books. So we're mostly buying stuff from one another. I
know, I should be home, packing. But this is more fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Sorry that I will never meet you or get to hold that cute Bao now. Darn!

12:38 PM

 
Blogger BevB said...

I just found your blog and spent a couple of very enjoyable hours reading. You have a comfortable, easy style.

I also popped over to your site and read the first chapter of Sea Changes and the reviews. Congratulations! It will be the next book I read. I unexpectedly became a widow almost three years ago so my curiosity was piqued right away. Must read.

Bao is a certainly a charmer. Had Cary Grant been a dog I think he would have been Bao. I'm so glad someone gave you the word about pureed pumpkin. My Gracie gets a dollop everyday and it does the trick for her.

Interesting that your current blog mentions homemade dog treats. That's what I do for a living. Serendipitous. I look forward to more posts from you and Bao.

6:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home