Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Thursday, October 02, 2008


Did you guys know that during September there were two, separate pet food recalls? And that they both involved Mars dry foods -- yes, dry foods -- that might be tainted with salmonella? And that one of the affected brands was Pedigree?

Go to the http://www.pedigree.com/ and check the bar codes and product numbers. I did, and was quite amazed to learn that I'd just bought a bag of kibble that could have killed Bao. When I took it back to the supermarket, the lady who gave me the refund was genuinely upset. Not because she had to give me my money back, but because this was the first she'd heard of a recall, and she feeds Pedigree Small Breed Mini Crunchy Bites to her own little dog.

This is the problem with a free press. They can print what they please. They can also not print what they please, presumably because they think nobody's interested. Apparently, people would rather read about toxic politics than toxic pet food. Luckily I live in Tucson, where there isn't much news. So there was a paragraph about the first warning, tucked in with what they call other news. But not the second. That came in an ASPCA newsletter.

Go to your cupboard, right now. Make sure you haven't got any of this stuff. And if you do, take it back to the supermarket or throw it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mari Meehan said...

And you think blogging serves no purpose! Just kidding.

2:22 PM

 
Blogger llisoski said...

Hi Gail! You're doing a wonderful job of building community through your blog. Keep up the great work! My name is Lauren and I work for a Portland based Advertising Agency that is preparing to release a new DVD set, featuring Cesar Milan. This fresh, new DVD set shows dog owners a variety of Cesar’s key concepts, including how to become a “pack leader”, the importance of calm-assertive energy, and how to establish proper rules, boundaries and limitations for your dog. If you're interested in being one of the first to review this new DVD set and post your thoughts on your blog, I'd love to send you a complimentary DVD promo set. Just shoot me an email if you're interested!
Lauren Lisoski
llisoski@r2cgroup.com

9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home