Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We're in Fort Collins

On Thursday, Bao began to develop another pericardial effusion. (Why
do these things always happen during holiday weekends?)
"If he was my dog," said the cardiologist, "I'd take him to Colorado."
So that's what I did.
It was a 14 hour drive, which we did over two days. But Bao loves car
trips, so that was okay.
Our appointment is this afternoon, but we came a day early, which was
just as well because it turned out that Bao also had fluid in one of
his lungs!
The Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital is open
24/7 so help was at hand, thank goodness.
I'm pretty sure Bao is going to need the pericardectomy, and I'm
apprehensive, but we've got to fix this.
And we've got to find out what's causing it -- after all this time and
$10,000 in veterinary fees, we still don't have a diagnosis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home