Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Thursday, March 31, 2011


Bao loves doing Sunday brunch, especially when we join our friend Judy at Restaurante de Ramon in Mexico. Bao loves Judy. Although she hasn't got a dog of her own, she's bought a doggy water dish for when Bao comes to visit, and stocked up on with treats and toys. As you can see, Bao absolutely adores her.

We're breaking all the rules here -- Bao is snacking on ham, sausage and scrambled egg. Only tiny bits, but what a treat after all these weeks of boiled chicken and yucky veterinary food.

Luckily, there were no reprecussions. And then yesterday, Dr Mike said we could add lean, cooked steak to Bao's diet.

I wish you could have seen Bao's face when I brought him his dinner last night. He sniffed, looked at the dish in disbelief, and then he looked up at me as if to ask, Am I dreaming? And then, whoosh! Crunch, gobble, swallow and it was gone. He usually doesn't eat so fast, but I think he was afraid I might change my mind and take it away.

He's gained most of the weight back, but he still can't jump up on things the way he used to. I wonder if there are some exercises he could do to strengthen his little hind-quarters.


2 Comments:

Blogger Albireo said...

To get Bao to jump on things, place his favorite treat on a sofa. Encourage him to take a running start, if you know what I mean. So please to read about all Bao's buddies!

8:20 PM

 
Blogger Albireo said...

What's up!!!

1:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home