Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Tuesday, March 22, 2011


Hooray! We're in Mexico. We love it here. But I have to admit, there were times during the past six weeks when I wondered if Bao would ever see his beloved beach again.

I just can't believe that we're actually here. Bao is having a wonderful time. He's thoroughly reconnoitred the grounds, checking to see which dogs have been here in his absence. He has peed on every tree, sniffed every bit of grass. Of course, all the staff are delighted to see him (we haven't been here for nearly two months) and he loves that, too.

The night we arrived there was a huge storm, no rain but lots of wind. It blew all the sand flat, which makes it easier for Bao to walk on the beach. Seeing him trotting along, little tail held high, sniffing and exploring makes me so happy! I'm so grateful that he's still with me, that our journey together is not over.

As you can see, Bao has had a hair-cut. Rather than try to tease out the mats and knots, the groomer just cut it all off. I think he looks a bit like a skinned rabbit, but everyone else thinks he looks really cute.

I'm still waking up half a dozen times during the night to check and make sure he's still breathing. It was a really bad scare, and I guess it's going to take a while to get over it. Bao -- on the other hand -- is just living in the present, and enjoying the sunshine. But that's what dogs do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lacy said...

w00fs, happy Bao is better now..and at his most favorite place...

b safe,
rocky

4:03 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Great site! I too am a Shih Tzu lover living with my two precious Shih Tzu in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania. If you have time stop by and view our site http://lehighvalleypashihtzu.blogspot.com/

5:43 PM

 
Blogger Billy Howliday said...

He might look like a rabbit, but a super cute one !!

12:46 AM

 
Blogger Albireo said...

!Mexico! !Deseandote lo mejor siempre, Bao!

4:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home