Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011



Bao's surgery is scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. He had a very bad episode late Saturday afternoon, trying in vain to poop and screaming in agony. This never happened before, and it must never happen again. Pleural effusion or no pleural effusion, the hernia must be repaired before it gets any worse.



I'm trying to make today a happy, pleasant day for both of us -- especially for Bao. This morning, we did his favorite walk. This afternoon, we went to lunch with our friend Jeanne (in the photo) at the Olive Garden, one of Bao's favorite restaurants. (He loves the pasta. And he loves doing lunch) He'll have a T-bone steak for dinner. When you're a dog, it's all about food.



Now we're curled up together on the couch. I'm watching a Lifetime movie, and Bao is sleeping off lunch. I'm much too anxious about tomorrow to do much of anything. Thank goodness for Lifetime movies!



What else can I say? I love this dear little dog more than words can say. Surgery is risky. There's nothing I can do except hope and pray that it will go well, that Bao will be okay. But we have to do this surgery, we have to take this chance. I cannot and will not see Bao suffer the way he suffered on Saturday afternoon.



Please, send us your loving thoughts tomorrow morning. Love is the most powerful force in the universe and love will see us through this -- I believe that. I really do.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home