Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Thursday, November 20, 2008


We don't usually go out at night, because most of the roads in Tucson aren't lit and I find driving in the dark difficult. (Tucson doesn't have street lights because the sky has to be dark enough for the astronomers at Mt. Kitt to be able to see the stars) Which is all very well for the star gazers, I suppose. But it puts a definite dent in my social life, especially during the winter months when it gets dark early.

Recently we received an invitation to an Intimate Salon and Supper Buffet at which an artist was giving a talk about his work. The event was being held in a private home not all that far from where I live and I thought it sounded really interesting. So we went, even though it meant driving in the dark. As I say, it wasn't very far.

Bao cut a wide swathe, as usual. We wandered around our hosts' home, sipping wine and chatting and admiring the art. Then we were herded out onto the patio where we sat in the dark and watched a slide presentation by Michael Ray Charles who specializes in "graphically styled paintings" which turned out to be the sort of thing you see in comic books. Except that these were very, very large.

Bao slept through this portion of the evening, but he woke up for supper. Bao always wakes up when the food arrives.

The drive home was slow, but happily uneventful. In another month, the days will start getting longer again. I can hardly wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chow Chow said...

Bao is a lovely dog. And a great sense of timing too ;)

7:50 PM

 
Blogger Billy Howliday said...

Hope you will get a piece of turkey today, my little friend !!

10:07 AM

 
Blogger Izzie said...

I agree about the limited lights in Tucson ... it's already dark when mama gets home from work, so I don't get so many walks this time of year.

7:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home