Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Monday, April 28, 2008


The tail waggng thing has got me flummoxed.

Apparently, if a dog wags his tail to the right, he's happy. On the other hand, if he wags it to the left, he's apprehensive.

But if I'm standing in front of the dog in question, is he wagging his tail to his right or to my right? This has not been clarified.

I tried it with Bao, anyhow. Bao wags his tail a lot. And he's usually happy.

Problem is, he doesn't discernibly wag it to either side. He just wags it, back and forth. Enthusiastically. Back and forth, back and forth, but neither to the left nor to the right. Just back and forth.

Maybe it's the first wag that matters. With Bao, this seems to be random. We did ten trials, with cookies. Fifty fifty. All happy wags.

Mind you, there are more important things in life. What is Barack saying about Hillary? What is Hillary saying about Barack? Will I ever find a literary agent to represent me?

All of which make the conundrum of tail wagging a welcome respite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home