Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008


Another shaggy bone story.

We've just come back from Mexico. The first day we were there, sunning ourselves by the pool, Marlene gave Bao another steak bone. She'd saved it for him. He promptly marched off and buried it beneath the bougainevilla. (Bao hasn't buried anything since we left Florida. We don't have dirt, in Tucson. We have pebble mulch, with caliche underneath. Caliche is rock)

Silly dog! I told him.

He ignored me. For the next couple of days, he ignored the bone, as well. I figured he forget about it, or one of the other dogs dug it up.

Then yesterday, while I was chatting with visitors from Colorado, the dirt started to fly. Bao was digging up his bone. Yes, he remembered. Yes, it was still there. He extricated it, and carried it proudly to my beach towel. It was so cute. Everyone just cracked up.

He must think he owns the place, the man from Colorado said.

Bao looked up as if to say, Don't I?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Bao, how nice of Marlene to save u dat bone...my brudder rusty always use to hide stuffs too...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

5:12 PM

 
Blogger cookie said...

Hiding things then finding them later is the BEST fun!!! I love to do it. Sometimes I even bury stuff in the couch, and mom finds it first. (she doesn't like that, not sure why)

Have a wonderful day,
Cookie and crew

4:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home