Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Okay, here's a game for you.


Make a list of the seven adjectives that most accurately describe your dog's personality. Then, make another list of the seven adjectives that most accurately describe your own personality. (No cheating!)


My list for Bao would be: Loving, loyal, intelligent, sociable, appreciative of the good things in life, timid (but puts on a good front) stubborn, bossy. Now, let's see. I like to think of myself as loving, loyal, intelligent and sociable, but don't we all?


As for being appreciative of the good things in life, guilty as charged. And so is Bao. You only have to watch him prance into the lobby of a luxury hotel to know that he does know the difference. He prefers steak to hamburger, roast goose to chicken, caviar to jam. Truly, he does. (How do I know he likes caviar? We'll save that for a future blog)



Timid. I'd certainly admit to what some people call an unreasonable level of caution. And God knows I'm stubborn. Bossy? Hmmm.



So what does it mean if I'm totally like my dog? It means -- and I quote -- Bao and I "are locked into a gloriously co-dependent relationship." There are worse things.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean Batzell Fitzgerald said...

Hi Gail:

I love your blog page and Chairman Bao. You must have had some fantastic journeys together!

I'm writing too because apparently no new people can join this blog unless they are invited by someone who is already a member.

I have a Shih Tzu too named Paddy. I adore him, probably too much. I use him in my art (web site: www.heartsonggallery.com ). I not only want to create a blog page for Paddy, but I also need to advertise since I quit a regular job to follow my dream and need to get the word out.

Would you be willing to sponsor me? I have no idea what that entails but I'll try to find out if the answer is yes.

Thanks so much!

8:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home