Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Monday, March 12, 2007



We saw dolphins this morning. Three of them, leaping and diving around the offshore reef. This is the first time I've ever seen dolphins naturally, not in a zoo or an aquarium.

This is the view from the balcony of our condo in Puerto Penasco, also known as Rocky Point. (I like the sound of Puerto Penasco better. It rolls so trippingly off the tongue)

Bao is gradually getting used to the idea of the beach. What he really likes is hanging out beside the pool, curled up under by chair in the shade. But I've got these fantasies of Bao and me, running along the sand, the wind in our hair, all of that. So he's really got to get over his fear of the sea gulls, most of which are the size of turkeys and therefore, much bigger than he is.

This is Spring Break, and I wondered how bad it would be. Not bad at all, mostly because there's a fairly strict policy about renting to kids. And the condos are expensive. I remember Spring Break, back when I was young. Fort Lauderdale. Where the boys were. Problem was, most of the boys were drunk most of the time. Everyone was drunk. That was the point of it, to get drunk. It still seems to be the point. I couldn't figure it out then, and I still can't. And you know what? I'm glad I'm not young anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mari Meehan said...

Ahhhh, man!

1:07 PM

 
Blogger Betty said...

I'm jealous.

1:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home