Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Saturday, August 11, 2007

In front of the spectacular fountain at Loussac Library

A pretty amazing venue. It seemed a pity to have to spend the day indoors.
The general opinion of the half dozen publishing gurus gathered here is that there are too many stupid people in publishing - present company excepted, of course.
Well, hell. We knew that, didn't we? The microphones malfunctioned right at the beginning, scaring Bao so badly that I thought we might have to leave. But he settled down when he smelled the food.
Mostly, I came because I wanted to meet Renni Browne, the legendary editor who plucked my unpublished novel from obscurity, guided me through the polishing process and found an agent to represent me. We're having dinner tonight.
Everyone loves Bao, who is basking in the center of attention and enjoying the cool -- compared to Tucson -- weather. But I wish we had more time for sightseeing. Guess we'll just have to come back next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home