Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Monday, July 30, 2007


And this is where we did have lunch, yesterday.

We're just outside the Guadalajara Restaurant, at the new Bazaar Del Mundo in San Diego.

When I first visited San Diego (over ten years ago) my friend Judythe brought me here for lunch, and I fell in love with the place. They serve Margaritas in glasses that are as big as a mixing bowl, and great food, all in a blaze of brilliant color. As you can see, even the shoppping bags are works of art.

Besides, no visit to San Diego would be complete without paying obeisance to the Great God Sha Ping. Bazaar Del Mundo has some of the greatest little shops with some of the most unique jewellery and objets d'art anywhere. So we ate ourselves silly and shopped 'til we dropped. Well, 'til I dropped. Bao had his stroller. I'm thinking, what I really need to do is teach Bao how to push me in the stroller. We could take turns.

Mostly, I come to San Diego to visit with Judythe (and shop at Bazaar Del Mundo) Alas! today is the final day of our adventure. Tomorrow morning, we point our little noses -- one moist, one dry -- east and head back home to Tucson. Meanwhile, San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter beckons. Sixteen blocks of restaurants, shops and galleries should keep us suitably occupied, don't you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

You've had quite a trip! By the way, I gave you a "Creative Blogger" award. You can find out the details on my blog for July 29, if you're interested in that sort of thing. It's not mandatory that you send the award to other people. Just a fun thing.

1:15 PM

 
Blogger Mari Meehan said...

Ahhhh, nothing like the first night home back in your very own bed!

7:05 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Bao,I enjoyed meeting you and your mom yesterday at Lucky Dog in San Diego. Your mom's glasses are ultra sassy and you are fabulous! thanks for stopping in and I look foward to reading more of your blog.
Tess

8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home