Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A friend called to tell me that she'd just heard something on the news about a crazy woman who crashed her car while trying to teach her dog how to drive.
It wasn't you, was it? she asked.
No, it wasn't me.
Actually, it was a woman in Hohhot, Mongolia. According to Mrs. Li, her dog had always shown an interest in driving, so she decided to let him have a try at steering. The attempt was apparently less than successful, and they ran into another car, with slight damage to both vehicles. As Mrs. Li was operating the accelerator and brakes (probably because the dog's legs weren't long enough to reach the pedals) it's not clear who was to blame.
You'll be relieved to know that Bao has shown no interest whatsoever in learning how to drive.
Is he glad to be home? Not really. Yesterday, he dragged a dozen of his toys from the basket where they're kept into the hall and left them neatly piled against the closet where I keep our suitcases! I think he was trying to tell me something.
Maybe we'll head down to the Mexican riviera next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mari Meehan said...

You ever want to don your jeans and boots I'd be happy to introduce you to our neck of the woods. Especially western Montana - love to show folks that area!

1:34 PM

 
Blogger Betty said...

I know you've been busy since you got home, but I was glad to see a new post. I think I've been having withdrawal symptoms, after reading daily blogs from you. :-)

2:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home