Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Tuesday, June 03, 2008


One last, wonderful lunch at Casa Guadalajara in Old Town.

This is a tradition. We always come here when we visit San Diego. There's this great little cluster of shops called Bazaar Del Mundo (just across the street from Old Town proper) where I always find things I'd never find anywhere else in the world.

Casa Guadalajara is supposedly the oldest restaurant in San Diego, and it's always packed. Even on a Monday. Bao likes lying on the tiles in the cool, shaded patio and watching the birds playing in the fountain. I like the Margaritas -- the Medium (I've never been game to tackle the Large) comes in a glass big enough to allow a hamster to swim laps. We had the special, which was chicken avocado enchiladas. Bao ate the chicken, and I ate everything else. Then we went back to the hotel and took a nap. I never used to take naps. I guess I'm getting old. We're both getting old.

But as my aunt used to say, the alternative to getting old is unacceptable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home