Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Tuesday, June 17, 2008


Look closely. Can you find the dog on the beach towel in the shade?

It's just so hot in Tucson at this time of year. It's even too hot for the rattlesnakes. You can't really go for a walk outside, except at dawn and dusk. And then the mosquitos bite you.

It's hot here in Puerto Penasco, too -- but not as hot as it is in Tucson. And there's a lovely breeze off the sea. And there's humidity. I like the humidity. My wrinkles disappear, and my heels stop cracking. And of course, there's the constant, soothing sound of the sea. I sleep like a baby when I'm here. We both do.

Now that I've got Bao walking on the beach at low tide, the next project is to somehow persuade him that it's not really necessary for him to follow me around the swimming pool when I swim. He'd be much more comfortable just lying in the shade, but he insists on trotting along in the hot sun, round and round the perimeter of the pool. It doesn't help that everyone thinks this is adorable. They say things like, Look at that sweet little dog following that woman when she swims! And Bao hears them, and quells with pride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home