Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Monday, September 17, 2007

Is it Santorini? Is it Mykonos? Is it Naples?
Believe it or not, it's Puerto Penasco, also known as Rocky Point. See those condos all the way across the water? My place is in the pink one.
Bao and I are doing lunch at Casa Capitain, which my friends Jeannie and Bob told me boasted the most gorgeous view in town. Good food, too. I have to say, I'd never have found the place without them. When Bob turned off the main drag onto what looked like a goat-track going up a desolate mountain, I thought they were playing a joke. Talk about a road to nowhere! Up, up and up we climbed.
"It's one of the oldest restaurants in Rocky Point," Jeannie assured me.
In that case, you'd think they'd have gotten around building a road to it. But, hey! It's Mexico. And at the top of the hill, there were acutally two restuarants, plus a handful of newly-constructed villas with to-die-for views and price tags to match.
What a great lunch! What nice red wine! What a view! Bao wasn't crazy about their salsa, but he ate all the meat out of my taco so a good time was had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home