Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Adventures with American Airlines

We're on the airplane, me and my tired little Teddy Bear. Homeward bound. Except we're not going anywhere anytime soon.
A thunderstorm in New York caught us with our flaps down, so to speak. I've already missed my connecting flight from Dallas to Tucson. In fact, we almost didn't even make this flight.
First, the bus driver who took our group from the hotel to the airport got lost. I kid you not. And then the ground staff at American Airlines wasn't going to let Bao on the airplane because she'd never heard of a service animal. Now it's raining buckets, and I have no idea of when I'll be home or even where I'll be spending the night.
Bao is asleep. He's happy. He's a Shih Tzu. He takes things in his stride.
And hey! We're together. So what if we spend the night in Dallas? We'll be fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger FleasGang said...

Thank you for the history lessons and including us in on your "vacation". A lot of people don't realize that Edwin Booth was sort of like the Anthony Hopkins of his day. Also, don't know if this is true or not, but, some seem to believe that Edwin saved the life of Abe Lincoln's son on a train platform years before Lincoln was assassinated. Did you hear anything about that whist dining at Players?
Anyway, sorry your flights were such downers but it looks like Bao had a good time and really, that's all that matters.

The FleasGang

2:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home