Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Friday, April 20, 2007


Doing lunch in Green Valley with Aunty Charlotte and Uncle Bill, two of Bao's favorite people.

Bao loves doing lunch. I always bring along treats, and his clever, Handi-Drink water bottle, but he still expects people to share. I've devised various strategies. For instance, I'll order a Chicken Caesar Salad, but ask for the chicken on the side. That works. I get the salad, he gets the chicken, nobody gets fat. Or if there's a brunch menu, we share a side order of bacon. He loves pasta, too. But pasta is easy, because they usually give you such a big helping that you can't finish it by yourself, anyhow. Sometimes, I cook up a bit of pasta for him here at home, as a special treat.

After 32 years in Australia, I have been having an ongoing love-affair with American cheeseburgers (especially the exotic ones) and all last year I kept telling myself that they weren't really fattening because I was sharing them with Bao. Alas! this proved to be wishful thinking, and I gained 15 pounds. (Bao didn't gain an ounce. I wish I knew his secret!)

What Bao really adores is bread and butter. Or better yet, rolls and butter. This particular restaurant featured a freshly baked, textured cheese bread which Charlotte is feeding to him, delicious bit by bit. Afterwards, he curled up on Bill's feet and went happily off to sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bella said...

Hi Bao,
What great table manners you have!!!
How lucky to be going out to lunch.

Wuffs
Bella

2:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home