Chairman Bao is a Shih Tzu. We travel a lot. I drive. He watches. We've logged at least 10,000 miles and he's never once said, Sweetheart, don't you think you should stop and ask someone?

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Niagara On The Lake is very beautiful, very quaint.
They don't have WiFi. They don't have cable. Internet is dial-up, when you can find a signal. Sometimes, guests at the place I'm staying can pick up a signal from next door, but I couldn't. So I'm at the local library, where I can use a computer for 30 minutes each day, but can't post photos, which is a pity, as this place is extremely photogenic.
Home for the next four days is a B&B called The Old Bank Inn, overlooking the lake. (When I return to civiliztion I will definitely post some pictures!) The bed in our bedroom is so high that I've had to position a chair next to it, so that Bao can jump up. It's a big, soft, four-poster bed heaped with pillows and quilts, and we slept magnificently.
Breakfast this morning was poached pears and blueberry pancakes with sausages and whipped cream. Yesterday was Eggs Benedict. I will become big as a house.
Interesting tidbit: Although we're only a couple of hours east of Stratford (where it starts snowing in October and doesn't stop until April) they hardly get any snow here at all, and the winters are quite mild. Apparently, it's the moderating influence of the lake. Lush green lawns, lots of parks, and flowers everywhere.
But no high-speed internet. Not even an internet cafe.
Bao has a new friend, Chester -- the B&B's resident Australian Terrier. He's a real sweetheart, and just about Bao's size.
When I was a little girl, long distance telephone calls were such a novelty that people always began by shouting, Can you hear me?
Now I'm complaining because there's no WiFi.
Amazing, when you stop to think about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mari Meehan said...

Shows to go ya even we old timers can get up to speed. WiFi indeed!

11:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home